NB: The deadline for receipt of applications to the latest round has now passed. News on any potential further rounds will be announced in due course.
The Exmoor Community Trust Fund was established following the sale of the Exmoor Community Computer Centre, formerly based in the village school at Winsford. It is hoped that local people, businesses and communities will take the opportunity to build the fund into a major asset to help ensure a lasting legacy for people living on Exmoor.
Grants are currently available for most types of community projects, which are of benefit to people residing within Exmoor National Park boundaries and in particular projects addressing the advancement of education and the provision of faciltiies for recreation and leisure pursuits, which help to improve people's lives.
Please be clear in your application about the difference you will make to the people you help (outcomes) and any disadvantage you are addressing as a result of your activities.
Please bear in mind that our average Foundation grant is £1,200 and we are unlikely to award more than £5,000.
While the fund is deliberately broad in scope, there are a number of exclusions:
- National charities
- Projects promoting religion (although projects that benefit the community organised by faith-based organisations are eligible.)
- Animal welfare (although projects that use animals to provide benefit to local residents are eligible)
- Activities that are a statutory responsibility or are otherwise not charitable
- Projects where funds are distributed to a third party
- Activities that have already taken place
- Projects outside the boundaries of Exmoor National Park
Applications should normally be made using our online application form available by clicking here. The online form enables you to save drafts before submitting. If you prefer a paper copy please contact our grants team on 01749 344949.
Successful applicants will be required to send monitoring and evaluation forms at the end of their funded activity.
If you would like to support the Exmoor Community Fund through a donation or legacy, please contact our Chief Executive, Justin Sargent on email@example.com or telephone 01749 344949.