**SPECIAL OFFER** If your group is considering joining localgiving.com for the first time we may be able to offer the first year's subscription (normally £72) for FREE.
**PLUS** FREE Fundraising workshops to help you make the most of your Localgiving page and other mediums.
Email Karen Collins or call 01749 344949 for more information.
Localgiving.com is an easy and effective online tool for small, local charities and community groups to join larger charities on the web to raise money, awareness and support.
Localgiving.com allows your group to set up its own webpage which you simply write and update yourself. You will be able to accept online donations, advertise for volunteers and keep in touch with your supporters.
This can help increase your sustainability by:
- reducing dependency on grants in the face of increased need in the community;
- maximising exposure in the online giving market.
- providing new sources of funding and support.
- posting your volunteer needs.
- raising awareness of the great work being done in your community.
What are the benefits to registering?
- Automated Gift Aid to maximise giving (currently 25%).
- Effective and user friendly the site increases awareness, support and funding.
- Maximises website traffic and online donations.
- Extensive search facilities to find charities by issue, area or beneficiary.
- Online communication tool to communicate with supporters and donors.
- Updatable web page to attract volunteers, donations and raise awareness.
- Improved search results on Google to increase exposure.
- Approval by the Charity Commission and the OSCR.
How much does it cost?
The service is free for the first 3 months and costs only £60 + VAT (£72) annually thereafter. (NB: Please see **SPECIAL OFFER** above).
Who can register?
To register on Localgiving.com through Somerset Community Foundation you do not have to be a registered charity, but your organisation does have to have clear charitable aims, and also be based and working in Somerset.
Your organisation must also have a management committee, its own bank account (with at least two signatories to authorise cheques) and have, or be working towards a constitution (or set of rules).
Who cannot register?
- Statutory organisations
- Organisations that do not have strong charitable aims
- Political groups or activities promoting political beliefs
- Religious groups or groups promoting religious beliefs
- Animal welfare
- Medical research
Click here to go to Localgiving.com (Somerset groups)
For more information contact e-mail Karen Collins or phone 01749 344949