Before you start to apply
We give money to both groups and individuals.
It doesn’t cost anything for either groups or individuals to apply for money from us.
You also don’t have to be good at writing applications to get money from us. If we’re not sure about something, then we’ll ask you. We can also support you if English isn’t your first language, or if you have other access needs.
That means that if you can't complete our online form then we can post you a paper copy, or complete an application form with you over the phone.
Apply for money for your group
If you work or volunteer for a charity, community group or social enterprise in Somerset, you can follow these links to ask us for a:
- grant, which doesn’t need to be paid back.
- social investment, which combines a grant with a loan. The loan part must be paid back to us.
You’ll need to decide whether to apply for a grant or a social investment. This will probably depend on what sort of group you work or volunteer with, and what it needs the money for.
Apply for money for yourself
If you are an individual person you can follow these links to ask us for a:
- grant, which doesn’t need to be paid back
- university bursary, which also doesn’t need to be paid back.
Help and further support
If you don’t know where to start, then please contact us and we’ll do our best to help you. You can reach us on:
- 01749 344949
If you already have some money from us then you can read this advice about how to publicise it and how to report back to us. You can also explore our open grants data to find out who we have given money to over the last few years.
Finally, please be aware that we will never have enough money to award everyone some money, so you should think about where else you can go as well. You could start with:
- Somerset Funding Portal, a list of funding opportunities for groups maintained by Spark Somerset.
- Turn2us, a database of grants and bursaries for individual people.