Grants from £100 up to £1,000 are available for individuals with disabilities to purchase specialist equipment for physical activity and sport
The Get Set Go! Fund provides grants to individuals with disabilities who wish to purchase specialist equipment for physical activity and sport.
Are you an aspiring wheelchair basketball player looking to play for Great Britain? Perhaps you’re aiming to win a race against your sibling on your brand new frame runner? Or maybe you’re whizzing around the pitch in a sports powerchair with your teammates is what you enjoy most? Grants range from £100 – £1,000 and can benefit both children and adults living in Somerset, North Somerset, Bristol, BANES and Wiltshire. The fund may be small, but applications are quick and easy.
We’d love to help you kickstart your fundraising and achieve your dreams. If you’re successful, you’ll have 12 months to raise the rest of the funds you need to buy your equipment.
Who can apply for money?
You can apply if you
- live in Somerset, North Somerset, Bristol, Wiltshire or Bath and North East Somerset
- have a disability
- need funding to help you buy equipment so that you can participate in a sport or be physically active.
Examples of equipment we help fund:
- Manual sports chairs (for basketball, tennis etc.)
- Electric sports chairs (for powerchair football etc.)
- Frame runners
- Boccia sets
- Basketball hoops
- Boxing gloves and equipment
- Swimming equipment
- Repairs, add-ons and modifications to existing sports equipment (e.g. a new seat cushion, a new set of sports wheels etc.)
How long does it take to get the money?
Once you have submitted your application, we will let you know if it has been successful or not within 3 months.
If your application is successful, the grant must be used within 12 months of being offered and you must let us know how the grant helped you.
Grants are paid by bank transfer once you have agreed to the terms and conditions of the award.
How do I apply for money?
You can access the online application form by clicking on the ‘Apply for a grant’ box at the bottom of this page. Please contact us if you can’t use the online form, letting us know you want to apply to Get Set Go!. We’ll support you to make your application in another way.
You must provide the following information in your application:
- Your name, age, address, contact details and a brief description of your disability.
- What would you like a grant for? (include equipment with website links if possible and total cost).
- How much would you like us to give you? (Between £100-£1,000).
- Why would you like the piece of equipment? (what do you want to do with it, how will it help you and make you feel etc.?) If you would like to draw a picture of what the equipment will mean to you, you can email your picture to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have you applied elsewhere for funding? If so, how much have you raised so far? If you haven’t raised any money yet, please let us know what your plans are for this.
You will need to complete the application in one go and will not be able to save and return to it.
What will we do with your application?
A member of our Grants Team will look at your application. If we have a question, then we’ll email you. If preferred, we can arrange a phone call or video call.
Applications are considered by a Grants Panel who decide whether to award a grant or not.
If you have any questions, then please get in touch with Kirsty Campbell, Senior Programmes Manager at Somerset Community Foundation. It’s usually best to email Kirsty at email@example.com but you can also call on 01749 344949 ext. 402. Please let Kirsty know your enquiry is about Get Set Go!