- Applicants must be registered nurses / midwives living or working in Somerset.
- The educational / training activity for which funding assistance is sought must lie outside of preparation for core role tasks, which is the responsibility of the employing organisation.
- Applicants have not previously been awarded a Norah Cooke-Hurle Trust grant.
In the latest round, the Trustees are particularly interested in supporting:-
- Education / training aimed at enhancing the patient experience of nursing care, with particular focus on older people or others with dementia.
- Education / training associated with any proposed innovation in nursing services in Somerset, which involves the applicant leading positive change through practical action in their clinical setting.
- Education/training aimed at enhancing the patient experience of nursing.
- Education/training focused on development of integrated care that is centred around the needs of patients with long term conditions (eg dementia, diabetes and mental ill-health).
- Education/training focused on improving emotional health and wellbeing of women in pregnancy and their children.
Funding assistance of up £1000 may be provided for education / training that supports:
- Clinical leadership in practice development.
- Acquiring new skills that will bring direct and indirect benefits to patients.
- Innovation in practice.
- Developing new nursing / midwifery knowledge or extending existing knowledge into new contexts.
Basic training in complementary therapies will not be considered. Education / training in new applications of complementary therapies will be considered where it is consistent with NMC guidance.
May include the following:
- Learning from expert practitioners through shadowing etc.
- Attending national conferences and events to develop specialist knowledge / awareness.
- Participation in experiential and practical skills workshops.
- Academic learning.
Successful applicants will be required to provide information on outcomes achieved; including what new skills or knowledge has been acquired and how it has been applied in practice.
USE OF FUNDING
Specific use of funding must be set out in the application form. It could include:
- Course fees.
- Travel / accommodation expenses related to specific education / training.
- Learning materials (e.g. books / journal subscriptions) related to specific education / training.
- Earnings sacrificed in order to participate in specific education / training (e.g. by taking unpaid study leave)
As a general principle, applicants are required to demonstrate a financial contribution to the education / training for which they are seeking funds, which broadly reflects their general financial circumstances.
HOW TO APPLY
Please click here to download an application form. Alternatively, you can contact the grants team on 01749 344949 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a paper copy.