Somerset Community Foundation's response and support for coronavirus
Sources of information and advice
Our website has now been updated as our response to the pandemic evolves. This page is now where you'll find other sources of information and advice.
CAF (Charities Aid Foundation)
- CAF have launched their Coronavirus Emergency Fund to help smaller charitable organisations in the UK affected by the impact of Covid-19. Grants of up to £10,000 are available. Find out more here.
- Citizens Advice South Somerset have created some helpful videos about Employment and Benefits which should help you to understand your rights, your options and your choices, here.
The Charity Commission
- Guidance to help with running your charity during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak can be found here.
- Charity Excellence Framework has compiled a list of more than 250 funders who are providing funding in response to the coronavirus outbreak. Find out more here.
- Check here for the latest from the Civil Society
Community Council for Somerset
- For information from Community Council for Somerset on stay at home guidance, advice for village halls and community groups, protecting the isolated and vulnerable, and community transport, click here.
- For those with a local Co-op store in their communities you can stay up-to-date with the latest via their website, here.
Covid-19 Mutual Aid UK
- Covid-19 Mutual Aid UK has started to compile a list of local groups set up on social media sites such as Facebook or WhatsApp in an effort to share learning, resources and support. To find out what groups may be in your area, or to register a group, click here.
- Grin have collated a list of Community Foundations and other grant providers that have launched funding programmes to assist local agencies in responding to the challenges of the coronavirus pandemic. You can find that here.
- If you are feeling anxious or overwhelmed by the coronavirus situation, please call Mindline on 01823 276892.
- There is excellent advice from NCVO for voluntary sector organisations which we encourage you to look at.
- For all the very latest advice from Public Health England, click here.
- Spark Somerset have launched Corona Helpers, a free online platform where organisations and groups can let others know what they are doing and how they can get involved. People can also register here to ask for assistance.
- If you've recently set up a support group or are thinking of doing so, then there are some things you'll need to consider. For DBS information (especially if you would like to help with shopping or collecting prescriptions and money could be changing hands), useful resources and best practice guidance from Spark Somerset, click here.
- For the latest government advice from Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, Department of Health and Social Care, and Public Health England, including: advice on how to protect yourself and others, employment and travel, and advice for businesses and other organisations, and healthcare workers and carers, click here.
- There is some useful information from the Devon, Somerset and Torbay Trading Standards, here.
We hope this page has been useful but do feedback any comments or questions by emailing email@example.com.