The Mendip Hills Fund provides a simple vehicle for local businesses, residents and visitors to give something back to this very special part of Somerset, helping to conserve and enhance the special qualities of the Mendip Hills, and benefit local communities.
The fund will support local projects in the Mendip Hills area, including:
- Landscape conservation eg management of natural or historic features
- Education and interpretation projects to increase awareness, understanding and enjoyment
- Social and economic initiatives including enhancing community facilities and support for start up of social enterprises eg local food initiatives
(The area covered by the fund is outlined here. Full details including grant criteria and how to apply are now available on the grants section of our website).
90% of each donation will be used directly for project delivery, although larger donations may – with the express agreement of the donor – be used to build an endowment fund for the Mendip Hills area.
You can make a donation in a variety of ways:
- online by clicking here
- text AONB72 £3 (or any amount up to £10) to 70070
- by telephone – call us on 01749 344949.
- by cheque - please make payable to Somerset Community Foundation and send it to us at Somerset Community Foundation, Yeoman House, Bath and West Showground, Shepton Mallet BA4 6QN. If you can gift aid the donation, please use this form. Please make it clear the donation is for the Mendip Hills Fund.
For further information please call us on 01749 344949.
The Mendip Hills Fund is a partnership between the Mendip Hills AONB Partnership and the Somerset Community Foundation (charity no 1094446).