The Somerset Fund offers a simpler and more effective way for businesses to give locally that could increase the value of a donation by at least 80% for local communities and your business. You can choose to give to good causes throughout Somerset or focus your giving in one of our five districts (Mendip, Sedgemoor, South Somerset, Taunton Deane, West Somerset).
The Somerset Fund may be for you if:
- You would like to increase the impact of your business by supporting good causes in a more structured and targeted way
- You would like to reach smaller charities, voluntary groups and social enterprises operating in the heart of your community
- You would like to increase the value of your giving through match funding
Why give through The Somerset Fund?
Many businesses choose to support good causes because it feels like ‘the right thing to do’. However, corporate giving is often either ad hoc and unstructured or delivered through a ‘Charity of the Year’ process, which takes time and resources away from your business.
By giving to The Somerset Fund you will:
- Support a range of great local causes
- Focus your energy where it matters most
- Have a positive impact on employee motivation
- Enhance your brand reputation
- Create better communities to live and work in
Who will benefit from The Somerset Fund?
The Somerset Fund will support people of all ages in need of a helping hand by investing in a range of causes, including:
- Giving the best start in life to the most disadvantaged children
- Growing the life skills of young people
- Improving the mental health of people of all ages
- Increasing opportunities for better physical health
- Supporting people with disabilities and life-limiting illnesses, and their carers
- Combatting loneliness and isolation
How will my business benefit?
The Somerset Fund will help you benefit more from your charitable giving:
- You will receive branding support to link your business to The Somerset Fund
- Your employees will have more opportunities to connect with causes that matter to them
- Your customers will see you are supporting causes that matter to them
- Your business will be seen to be giving in a more strategic and effective way
- You will receive ‘open-source’ data to use to share the impact you have created with
- employees, customers and stakeholders
- You will get to meet and network with like-minded people
How do I get involved?
To find out more please contact Justin Sargent at Somerset Community Foundation
on 01749 344949 or 07766 743495, or email firstname.lastname@example.org