We've been helping passionate people in Somerset change the world on their doorstep since 2002.
If you would like to give to the places and causes that mean the most to you and play a part in helping local people and communities to thrive, we can help you achieve that.
Our expert team are here to help you find the best way to direct your charitable giving. We’ll help you identify the causes that mean the most to you, make sure your giving makes the most impact possible, and will update you on the difference you’ve made through your gift.
Whether you want to give as an individual, as a business, or join with others to make a bigger impact, we can help. You can find more information on our webpages linked below.
If you’d like to talk to us about giving through Somerset Community Foundation, please contact Laura Blake, Development Director, on 01749 344949 or email Laura Blake.
- Setting up a Named Fund as a family or individual is a simple alternative to a private charitable trust. We offer options to help you make a difference straight away, or create an endowment fund to support Somerset for years to come.
- Leaving a gift in your Will to Somerset Community Foundation is a wonderful way to make a lasting difference in your community, and you can choose the places and causes you want to support.
- Running a charitable trust and carrying out administrative and regulatory responsibilities, alongside trying to make a difference, can sometimes be a struggle for Trustees. We offer options to transfer trusts to SCF to remove the burden of administration for Trustees whilst ensuring the original purpose of the charity is honoured for generations to come.
- We partner with Somerset-based businesses to help them achieve their charitable and corporate social responsibility goals.
- There is a growing demand for high-quality advice and guidance from professional advisers on charitable giving. We work with solicitors, accountants, financial planners and tax professionals, helping their Somerset-based clients to give locally and – most importantly – give effectively
The Somerset Fund is a simple and rewarding way for local individuals and businesses to give back, together. Donations are boosted by an incredible 50% thanks to matched funding from Somerset County Council.
Friends of SCF make a regular donation of £20 per month or more to the Foundation to support our work and, in turn, help to build thriving Somerset communities.
By joining Somerset Philanthropy Network, you’ll join an influential and engaged group of donors who are passionate about supporting Somerset. You’ll have opportunities to deepen your understanding of local needs and be inspired and uplifted by people and projects that change lives every day.
Our Gift Acceptance Policy can be found here.