The Somerset Fund brings together local businesses and families who are passionate about Somerset and helps them change lives, together. We’ll make it easy and rewarding to give locally, and help you share your skills and expertise to strengthen local charities.
In short, we’ll help you do good, better.
Your donation will be boosted by an incredible 50% through matched funding, meaning your giving makes an even greater impact.
You can choose to support one of our five Somerset districts, or support the whole county; it’s up to you. Our grants fund a wealth of difference causes, from parent and toddler groups, to mental health charities and homeless shelters. Supporters can take part in:
- Expert skills workshops: opportunities to strengthen local charities by volunteering to deliver specialist workshops for a group of charities in your area of expertise, such as marketing, finance or HR
- Trustee roles: opportunities for directors and experienced leaders to take up roles as Trustees of local charities, offering excellent professional development for your staff and vital skills and knowledge for the charity
- Visits to projects you’ve supported: you’ll have the chance to meet those who have benefited from your support, bringing your giving to life
Recognising your support
As a supporter of The Somerset Fund, you’ll benefit from a range of opportunities that celebrate local giving and bring like-minded people together:
- Networking events: we’ll bring our network together regularly build connections and hear from the great causes you’re supporting
- PR opportunities: we can profile your support through press releases, our e-newsletter and social media channels
- Recognition in our annual review and online: all supporters of The Somerset Fund will be listed in our annual review and on our website
- Keeping you updated: you’ll receive regular case studies and an annual impact report to publicise your support
Support The Somerset Fund today
We ask supporters to make a minimum donation of £2,500 annually to ensure we can make significant grants to charities that need them most.
To support The Somerset Fund, or find out more, please contact Laura Blake at Somerset Community Foundation on 01749 344949 or 07828 299951, or email firstname.lastname@example.org