The Somerset Fund brings together local businesses and families who are passionate about Somerset and helps them change the world on their doorstep. It's a simple and rewarding way to give back to a wide range of local causes from Wincanton to Watchet.
Donations are boosted by an incredible 50% thanks to matched funding from Somerset County Council, meaning your giving makes an even greater impact.
Why support The Somerset Fund?
Somerset is a wonderful place to live, with incredible countryside, rich history and wonderful food. But behind the rural idyll hides a great deal of disadvantage:
- 1 in 6 older people in Somerset often feel lonely
There are 15,000 children growing up in poverty in Somerset
There are 400 homeless households in Somerset and hundreds more ‘hidden homeless’
4,000 of our neighbours live in the 20% most deprived neighbourhoods in England
As a supporter of The Somerset Fund you’ll benefit from a range of opportunities that celebrate local giving and bring like-minded people together:
- Networking events: we’ll bring our network together regularly build connections and hear from the great causes you’re supporting
- Volunteering opportunities: if you or your employees are looking for ways to lend their skills and expertise to local charities, our Somerset Skills Bank offers a great way to give back. We'll match your skills, location and interests with fantastic local charities whether you want to volunteer long-term or just for a day
- PR opportunities: we can profile your support through press releases, our e-newsletter and social media channels and all supporters of The Somerset Fund will be listed in our annual review and on our website
- Regular updates: you’ll receive regular case studies and an annual impact report to show you the difference you're making and which can be used to celebrate your support
To support The Somerset Fund, or find out more, please contact Kelly Hall at Somerset Community Foundation on 01749 344949 or 07708 675657, or email Kelly Hall
Read The Somerset Fund publications
To view our publications, please click on the thumbnail. To download or view it as a PDF, simply click on the hyperlink (the name of the publication).