Set a named fund
Setting up your own charitable fund is a simple alternative to a private charitable trust, offering the flexibility of a private charitable trust, but without the administration - leaving you, the donor, able to focus on your giving strategy. It is a rewarding and exciting way of supporting your local community today or over the long term. A fund can be set up in your name, or in the name of a loved one, and you decide what issues or areas your fund will support. You may make a gift of money or an item of value such as shares, property or other investments to set up a fund.
Many donors choose to use community foundations to set up charitable funds for the following reasons:
- Increased reach to local charities and organisations operating ‘below the radar’
- Advice and guidance on local issues and priorities where philanthropy can make a difference
- Professional grant-making with full assessment and due diligence on applicants
- Flexibility to involve donors in the grant-making process, fund projects outside Somerset and/or those nominated by the fund-holder
- Match funding with other donor funds
- Opportunity to meet other donors and visit projects supported through SCF
- Added value to applicants – advice, sign-posting, referrals to other funders
Leave a legacy
Leaving a legacy through the Foundation provides your local community with a gift of real and lasting value. Legacy Funds can be set up in your lifetime or through a gift in your will. Either way they are an ideal way of creating sustainable funding for communities. Please feel free to contact us to discuss your ideas and wishes in absolute confidence.
For more information, please read our Gift Acceptance Policy and contact Justin Sargent on 01749 344949.